Edinburgh Care Leavers: Life Stories
Corporate parenting, Throughcare and aftercare, Voices of young people
Author: Edinburgh Throughcare and Aftercare Service
Young care leavers share their experiences of their journey through the care system and the homes they have been placed with and some of the issues that have arisen along the way.
The Edinburgh Throughcare and Aftercare (TCAC) Service undertakes one-to-one work and group work.
Other help they provide young people leaving care includes:
- Maintenance and rent money
- Help with your fuel payments in the winter, if you are under 19 and in your own flat
- Help with furnishing your flat
- Help with travel costs
- Help to find a job or to apply for courses
- Help with the costs of being in training or at college