Training from CELCIS
We know how important it is for people working across the children’s sector, and in related agencies, to keep their learning and professional development up to speed.
That’s why we’re committed to supporting the development of a skilled and confident workforce.
We provide the best possible learning and professional development support for anyone working with and caring for Scotland’s children and young people, and their families.
CELCIS ready-made training offer
Our ready-made training workshops are drawn up to strengthen both understanding and implementation of what works on the ground.
Commission CELCIS: tailored training for your team or organisation
Our tailored package offers a unique approach which combines the very best consultancy support with high quality training.
When you’ve got a training need but aren’t quite sure what to include, one of our specialist consultancy staff will:
- Work with you to assess your needs
- Design and deliver a training session crafted to meet your exact needs at a time and place that suits you
Our ready-made and tailored training courses cover many topics and are delivered by highly experienced staff.
- Child development
- Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014
- Corporate parenting
- Implementing Girfec (Getting It Right For Every Child)
- Introduction to domestic abuse
- Mental health and emotional wellbeing
- Permanence issues for foster carers
- Preventing gendered abuse and exploitation
- Recording and report writing
- Therapeutic activities with children and young people
- Throughcare and aftercare
- Trauma-informed practice
- Understanding suicide and self-harm
The format of each of our workshops varies, but every single one offers outstanding value for money.
How much does training cost?
Our group rates (up to 16 people) start at just £350 for half a day, and £550 for a full day
What to do next?
Talk to our team to discuss your training needs