Sign-up to be a #ChildRightsChamp
The Child Rights Manifesto is a short, values-based manifesto reflecting the voices of over 3,500 children and young people in Scotland.
It outlines the ways in which children and young people expect decision-makers to act, in order for them to enjoy their rights as set out in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC).
The manifesto requests that MSPs:
- Promote and protect their rights
- Actively listen and empower them to participate
- Create respectful communities that celebrate difference
- Make sure that everyone is included
- Support them to live full, healthy lives where they can aspire and achieve.
The manifesto does not include specific policy asks; rather, it outlines the key values that children expect MSPs to have when making decisions affecting them.