Are you worried about a child or young person?

We all have our part to play in keeping children safe and well.

If you're worried about the welfare or wellbeing of a child or young person, it's vital that you share and report your concerns to an appropriate professional. 

You can talk to a health visitor, doctor, nurse, teacher or community worker.

In an emergency

If you think a child or young person is in immediate danger, please contact the police right away: call 101 (or in an emergency 999).

Getting advice

The NSPCC are here to help you. As a leading children's charity that helps to prevent child abuse, they have a wealth of information, advice and guidance:

Are you a child or young person?

If you are worried and feel unsafe then you can get help from Childline - a free, private and confidential service where you can be you. You can chat online or on the phone, anytime.

  • Call 0800 1111 – it's free, confidential and won't show up on your phone bill
  • Chat online

Are you a parent or carer?

Parentline is here to support anyone caring for or concerned about a child. Parentline offers a free helpline, email and web-chat service, open Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm.